Thursday, October 8, 2009

I Wanna Be A Supermodel...Well Actually Not.

So in college John took a couple digital photography classes, as required by his major. Well for anyone who hasn't taken these classes, in general you have themes, and you're not just taking random snap shots of whatever you wanna take pictures of. So it becomes a kind of production, finding the stuff he needs, and then usually you need a model or models, and they're not just coming to take simple portraits. Therefore, models are hard to coax, hard to find, hard to direct.

So it won't come as a surprise for me to say I became a model more than once. Well, after doing a head shot for a 'white background' shot for John where I was channeling my sexy, John made the mistake of telling me his photography teacher had commented I 'looked uncomfortable and frizzy'. Thus effectively ending my modeling career.

On occasion at John's job he now puts together 'lifestyle' shots for products they make and sell. I have agreed many a time to help, as props mistress, as director's assistant, but held firm on my decision to not debut in FRONT of the camera again. So I was a tad nervous when John said he needed to quickly pull together a shot for a product they have helped develop for another small company, an outdoor movie screen. One, because he planned to just bring it home - and we now live in Brigham where we don't know people who we can drag over into the photo. There are John's parents... pretty much that's it. So then this ended up becoming the approximate conversation:

John: Well I can put it on a tripod and then we can get in the pic with my parents.
Me: We?
John: Well, it really just has to be the back of your head.
Me: I don't model.
John: Come on, it's really mostly screen, I just need the back of your head.
Me: JUST the back of my head?
John: Yes.
Me: Not my massiveness or frizzyness or uncomfortableness?
John: Just the back of your head.
Me: Ummmm.....

So of course I got talked into it... but I decided it would be fine. Just the back of my head, and I could just be all wrapped up in a blanket. No weird facials, no seeing tummy.

Last night, we get everything set up, but, something in this picture is a little off my original ideas. See if you can tell what...

14 comments:

Seantae Jackson said...

I'm stumped, is it that you can still see where your body would be (but all wrapped up in a blanket?) I'm totally blonde when it comes to stuff like this.

Amy F. said...

That screen is cool by the way.
Okay, my only guess is that you don't quite look like you're looking at the screen at all, hehe. Am I way off?
Otherwise, the back of your head is lovely.

Adventures in Heywood said...

Hehe... keep guessing..... no one got it yet!

Dallon said...

I'm stumped as well, except it is a lot more than just screen, those aren't John's parents, and the grass behind you kinda makes you look like you have frizzy hair, or maybe cat whiskers.

Swainston Family said...

That ad is going to work. I want that screen!

Adventures in Heywood said...

Dallon you are on the right track about it not being John's parents..... now who IS it?!?! Who are the four people in this picture.... carefully analyze....

Dallon said...

Ogden Raptors baseball cap. Kenny? Don't know why that would be weird though? I honestly can't think who that'd be.

Adventures in Heywood said...

I can't believe with that hint you can't tell... or are you messing w/ me?

Adventures in Heywood said...

Let me ask you... which one of the girls do you think is me? (BIG clue.)

Swainston Family said...

Are you the one laying down with another man? Or are you not in the picture at all?

Adventures in Heywood said...

I'll give you another big hint.... John is so pleased with his photoshop ability right now, that he's hoping ya'll never figure it out! :)

Jeff and Rebecca said...

I'm going to guess they're both you...am I right?? You both posed in two different spots. If so, John should be proud of his skills!

Kaylene said...

Is it that it's not dark, or that the screen looks way to well lit for broad daylight. Or that there's no projector? It is odd that nobody accept the guy on the left looks to be actually LOOKING at the screen.

Adventures in Heywood said...

YAY! Someone got it right! Both those boys are John... both those girls are me... Yeah, there's more of me in the picture than I would have optimally liked... yeah, it's a little light for watching a movie, but it's better for seeing the SCREEN which they're trying to SELL, and actually we are looking at the screen in these... weird angle I guess.... But the reason overall this wasn't what i thought it was going to be is that I had to appear multiple times, hehe.... FUN TO HAVE YOU ALL GUESSING THOUGH! HEHE.... Good job Becca, you should get a prize!.